Have a great day - eat something healthy.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cool Stuff for People Who Think


I cannot claim these groovy, green pots and pans - they come to us from our cleanse buddy Jeannie in Dallas. Check them out - they come in a 6-piece set of non-stick cookware from GreenPan. A green alternative to Teflon? Sign me up! GreenGadgets.com. Thanks, Jeannie!



I love this idea - a sophisticated handbag made from recycled seatbelts! It's available in a wide assortment of colors and sizes and you can find it (on sale now!) at what truly is The Ultimate Green Store. Hit this website for all things green and gorgeous - home and office furnishings, clothing and handbags, linens, bath and beauty products - even solar-powered flashlights. It's truly a one-stop green shop.   

This protein powder is completely cleanse-friendly and loaded with protein and nutrients. 15 grams of protein, 1200 mg of omega-3's, all 10 essential amino acids and only 134 calories a serving. Pick it up at Whole Foods or online at VitaCost.com, a great website for vitamins, health and beauty products, and cleanse-friendly foods.





I started using this spirulina powder after I learned that vegans and vegetarians typically don't get enough vitamin B12 from nutritional sources. But one teaspoon of this powder a day will give you %150 of the RDA of B12, along with 230% of your vitamin A RDA, 94% of vitamin K, not to mention iron and a host of trace minerals. I purchased mine at Whole Foods, but it's also available online at VitaCost.com. Sprinkle it on foods or blend it into smoothies - I've even seen people dust it over popcorn. Watch out for green fingers... and smiles!

Okay, this one's not cleanse-friendly - there's gluten in this Tofurky Vegetarian Roast - but I wanted to bring it to your attention anyway. I was so intrigued when I saw this in the freezer section at Whole Foods right before Christmas. And since we were roasting a turkey for Mark I thought it might be fun to try a meat substitute myself. And I was blown away by how much I enjoyed it! It's got a chewy texture and smoky flavor; the dressing in the center is rich and homey tasting - I loved it. It's perfect for those dinners when you're cooking a roast for all the carnivores in your life. The sad thing is it's only available as a holiday product at the moment, but it's worth remembering and it's good to know there's a company that's making some delicious meat substitutes! One caution - watch for high calorie counts.

Oenophile? Beer snob? Then Barnivore.com is for you. It's a vegan beer  and wine guide - even some liquors make the list. Check out your favorite vintner or brewery by name and see if they're animal friendly or not. You'll be amazed at the number of producers listed at this site. And you might find out that your preferred potables are concocted conscientiously. I was delighted to learn that one of my favorites, Cline, is vegan! Now I can feel good about getting my drink on! So can you!

No comments:

Post a Comment