Have a great day - eat something healthy.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Whole Foods, I Got Your Six*

You can choose to pick up your cleansing supplies wherever you wish, but I’ve noticed in previous cleanses that people shy away from Whole Foods, primarily because they’ve heard it referred to as “Whole Paycheck.” But as someone who watches her food budget quite closely, I must defend Whole Foods from that misnomer. I've done comparisons on basic stock-up stuff and Whole Foods is right in the game. Whole Foods' 365-brand products are really competitive and are often organic when others aren't. So I get my tofu, soy milk, beans (canned and dried), quinoa, brown rice, and rice crackers there all the time. Even my favorite cleanse splurge, Amy's gluten and dairy free pizza, costs less than anywhere else. The produce at Whole Foods may appear to be a bit more expensive, but probably because most of it is organic - and if you put that up against competitors' organic produce it probably isn't that much different. So don't shun Whole Foods just because of a perceived truth - when you look at it a little more closely, the real story is quite different!

*Translation - I’ve got your back.

No comments:

Post a Comment