Have a great day - eat something healthy.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Easy, Fresh Homemade Salsa

I found a recipe for a salsa to serve over a grilled skirt steak many years ago. Of course I modified it; then I modified my diet. The skirt steak’s no longer on my menu, but this salsa is a mainstay in our diet.

Easy, Fresh Homemade Salsa

4 Roma tomatoes, cut lengthwise in quarters
½ red or Vidalia sweet onion, chopped
2-4 cloves garlic (to taste), minced
1 large jalapeno, chopped
1 large handful cilantro, chopped
Sea salt, to taste

Spray the skin side of the quartered tomatoes with olive oil or cooking spray. Heat a large pan or griddle to high. Place tomatoes, skin side down, in pan and cook until skin turns black. Remove and let cool.

Peel skin off tomatoes and chop. Mix with all other ingredients, add salt to taste. Let stand in refrigerator for 1 hour or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment