Have a great day - eat something healthy.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Week 3 - Going Beyond Food

Happy Monday, and I hope everyone had a great weekend!

This is such an interesting time of year - it's a time of new beginnings; a time to take an inventory and assess where you are in life. I'm doing some personal work, looking inward and being brutally honest with myself about certain aspects of my life that need improvement. It's not easy, but if I want to live the best life I can, I've got to do it. 

Cleansing is the perfect time to take a look at areas in your life that you want to change. Your body and mind aren't being driven or dragged by chemicals so you can look at your life and yourself more clearly. And when you have clarity, solutions might arise more readily. 

Now that you're on Week 3 you've probably got a pretty solid food groove going so you can expand your awareness to what's happening around - and inside - you. If there's an issue that's been bugging you for a while, try to identify what it is, why it is, and what you can do to change or improve it. This is the week to really make some progress, not only physically but mentally and emotionally as well. And if you have any breakthroughs, please share them with us here!

7 comments:

  1. Well, I already shared my experience about my first cleanse. But I want to say here that this time I'm getting clear on something I never realized before: I am here to help change and improve the world. How do I do that? I change and improve myself. Simple...but not easy!

    Hope everyone is doing well. Enjoy this last week of cleansing, and as Ivy says here it's a great time to think about what positive changes we can make in ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody's better equipped to help others and the world than you, Jeannie! And I know that from firsthand experience! Love, love, love that this is becoming clearer to you. I can't wait to hear how this develops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ivy,

    I guess I'm considered a "guest" blogger since I have sat on the sidelines for this cleanse. :) But I always appreciate your insight.

    I love what you said about taking an inventory. It's something I've done over the past 15 years and I always feel better after the process.

    One thing that I'd add is how crucial it is to look at these things without judgement, and with a lot of love. Instead of something being a disgusting habit it can simply not serving me well any longer. Instead of good/bad it can be effective/ineffective, and so on. You get the point, and I'm guessing you do this anyway. I just thought I'd mention it because it has helped me to take more neutral stock of what is working and what isn't, and put me in a much more effective place energetically to let stuff go.

    I am glad you've had a good cleanse!!!

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Maggie! Great to hear from you, and thank you for sharing such great, kind and caring insights! Sometimes it's really hard to look at the behaviors that don't serve us without beating ourselves up about them. But you're so right - we are better served if we can observe and assess them more matter-of-factly and honestly. That way we can be more effective as we work to change them. I'm so glad you brought that up! Thanks so much for checking in - I've missed your thoughts and comments this cleanse, so your input this morning is a wonderful treat! Keep 'em comin'! Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Maggie and Ivy. Such a great reminder. I definitely had the "bad" habit of being too hard on myself. I had to learn to have tenderness, love and compassion for myself in order to make effective and lasting change.

    Alot of my change has been inner change. Beliefs, feelings, emotions, "yucky" stuff that I had stuffed for years. Then without judgement, just discernment...the opportunity to let go of what is not serving.

    Love this exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I just read the comments - I love the love! ;) Enjoy your day, gals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to you, Maggie and Jeannie! You're two of the most thoughtful, conscientious people I know - you both give such deep consideration to approaching yourselves and others with kindness and care. You're doing the hard work and it's obvious! Love hearing your wisdom - it's truly priceless!

    ReplyDelete