Have a great day - eat something healthy.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Let's Get This Party Started!!!

Happy Labor Day, and Happy Day 1 of our cleanse!

I hope it's a beautiful morning wherever you are and that you're ready to rock the next 21 days as we give up gluten, alcohol, sugar, caffeine and all animal products (GAS CAP for those of you who are first-timers). And I don't know about you, but my closet is definitely ready for a cleanse as well and I can't wait to clear the clutter from my diet and my life!

Many of you have seen this before, but since it's Day 1 and we're just dipping our toes in the waters, here's a reminder of why we do this cleanse...

Today I commit to putting myself first for the next 21 days. I can devote 5% of the year to me. I spend the other 95% worrying about someone or something else, skipping workouts to work late or drive the kids around, eating poorly when I’m crunched for time, sacrificing my time for family time. But for the next 21 days I’m going to prove to myself that it doesn’t always have to be that way. For 21 days I’m not going to be pulled by my life – I’m going to set its course. And during that time I will allow myself to believe I deserve the same consideration that I show everyone in my life, that I deserve to be healthy, that I deserve to feel great, that I deserve to look good, that I deserve the time it takes to care for me.
Here's to a great Day 1!


  1. Hi Ivy... just wanted you to know that I'm on board starting today (9/8) after returning to SF from an east coast trip to the beaches of Delaware. No sails landscape to speak of this time, but perhaps some reflections from this City of Sinful Food (SF). Christopher

  2. Hey, Christopher! So glad you're here! Cleansing as a landlubber should be a breeze for you after last time, eh? I'll look forward to hearing how things are going in that foodie town - maybe you can discover some vegan places for the rest of us whenever we head to SF! Would love to hear more about your trip, too, when you have some time. And know that you made my day - I'm really glad you're with us!