Have a great day - eat something healthy.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Perfect Timing

This time of year is the perfect time to do a cleanse. There's an abundant mix of summer and fall fruits and vegetables so your choices are ample and varied. I hit the farmers market over the weekend and came home loaded with good stuff. Now I've got a refrigerator full of cucumbers, cauliflower, broccoli and carrots to nibble on; I've also got zucchini, eggplant, corn, beets and sweet potatoes to cook up at a moment's notice. On top of that, I've got fresh spinach, cilantro, and green onions, and a basket full of succulent heirloom tomatoes. Earlier this week I whipped up a spinach salad, fresh salsa and spinach hummus so they're available at all times; for dessert I've got fresh strawberries, blueberries, peaches and plums. Now, all I need is a little tofu for protein each day and I'm completely set.

I didn't do a price check, but I do know that everything I got at the farmer's market was beyond reasonable - a bucket of beets for $5.00; 8 ears of corn for $6.00; 5 zucchini for $2.00, and a fistful of cilantro for $1.

If you've got a few minutes to hit your local farmers market, it's a great place to stock up for a cleanse (or just a week of healthy, delicious eating). And even though you're cleansing, your wallet won't feet cleaned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment