Have a great day - eat something healthy.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Spinach Hummus

I love making hummus at home – that way I can tweak it to my taste on any given day. Sometimes I like more garlic; sometimes I like to add jalapenos to jazz it up. Whatever I choose, this recipe has been a consistent winner in my house and Mark and I snack on it all the time. And to keep the calories and carbs low, we use sliced cucumbers, fresh cauliflower and carrots instead of crackers. Play with the ingredients and make it your way!


Spinach Hummus

1 can garbanzo beans/chickpeas (15 oz), drained
1/2 C fresh spinach, chopped
1/4 C tahini
2 T garlic
3 T lemon juice
2 T olive oil
1/4 t Kosher salt

In a food processor, process beans, garlic, spinach and olive oil. Add lemon and salt and blend. If spinach hummus is too thick, add 1 tablespoon water until desired consistency. Hummus should be smooth and creamy.

Spinach hummus can be made up to two days in advance. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator. It can be served hot or cold. (I like mine at room temperature.)

From mideastfood.about.com

No comments:

Post a Comment