Have a great day - eat something healthy.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day 14 - Drama

One of my favorite things about cleansing is that there’s nothing fueling my emotions. I know that what I’m feeling is real. It’s not blurred by alcohol, which is a great drama driver that makes me tired, crabby and headachy in the morning. My emotions are not propelled by sugar, which makes me completely bipolar – I get totally fired up after I eat it and then completely crash after my body has used it up. And I'm not crazed by caffeine, which just makes me plum loco – zippy to the point of being panicky and paranoid. Now I face issues with clarity instead of clouding them with chemicals. And that makes them much easier to deal with.

  When you think about it, drama serves no productive purpose. It’s a waste of time and energy. Drama is useful only if you want to play the victim, wallow in a problem, or be the center of negative attention. But no matter your reason, when you stay in the drama you’re part of the problem.

By doing this cleanse you’ve chosen to be part of the solution. You’re empowering yourself by making healthy nutrition choices which are enhancing your overall well-being. You’re more awake and alert, you’re seeing things with clarity and experiencing them with a level head. And you’re probably feeling more energetic than you have in a while. Now you can direct that positive energy toward being part of the solution when dramas arise.

When an issue arises with your mate, your kids, your coworkers or anyone else, pay attention to how you react. Now that you’re leveling out the chemicals in your body you’ll be more able to think it through, resist from escalating the situation, and focus on becoming part of the solution. And your peaceful disposition will probably set a good example for everyone around you.

We’re already traveling lighter by doing this cleanse – our bodies feel it on a cellular level. Now we can lighten the load on an emotional level. Drama is too heavy – it’s excess weight we don’t need to carry. So here’s to dropping the drama today!

No comments:

Post a Comment