Have a great day - eat something healthy.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Canellini Bean Spinach Hummus

Sometimes necessity really is the mother of invention. I wanted to make hummus but didn't have any garbanzo beans in my pantry. It didn't dawn on me to use chickpea flour, which would have worked just fine; instead I turned to the canellini beans that I'd been overlooking for a month and thought, 'What the hell?' What the hell indeed! Subbing the white beans for the garbs makes for a super creamy, buttery hummus that's a bit more refined than its grainier predecessor. What a wonderful discovery! I will happily make this happenstance of a recipe again! I hope you like it as much as I do!

Canellini Bean Spinach Hummus


1 can garbanzo beans/chickpeas (15 oz), drained
1/2 C fresh spinach, chopped
1/4 C tahini
2 T garlic
2 T lemon juice
2 T olive oil
1/4 t Kosher salt


In a food processor, process beans, garlic, spinach and olive oil. Add lemon and salt and blend. If spinach hummus is too thick, add 1 tablespoon water until desired consistency. Hummus should be smooth and creamy.

No comments:

Post a Comment